Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Boot Camp Day 1

So who would have guessed that there is actually an affordable boot camp in Atlanta. I joined and today was my first day. I barely slept because I was so nervous. It's like waiting for the first day of school. I got there are 5:45am and waited for everyone to arrive. The instructor showed up and everyone started handing her books. I was thinking "what is the book all about". They are food journals. She viewed every ones journal and gave advice on what to eat and how to improve eating habits. I was like "hey that's cool they actually monitor what you eat as well".
The head trainer Shannon showed up and he introduced himself and then he said those words I did not want to hear "LETS RUN". I took out running and I was doing ok for the first 30 or 40 feet. Then my body started talking to me and it was saying "What the hell are you doing!" The trainer stayed behind with me and we started doing a run/walk. She would run me to a certain point and then we would walk a little and run a little. So I did my running and then we moved on to an intense 50 minute workout on abs. It was hard but everyone was so encouraging.
I did exercises that I have not done since gym class in middle school plus a few that I had never heard of. I did ok today...not good not bad but ok. I have to go 5 days a week and if I miss a class or if anyone misses a class we do extra work. So I am in this for keeps. Most of the people in the class have been doing it for months. They say it is more affordable than a gym trainer and they all have had great results. I only hope to have the same results. So tonight I have to run and try to run some everyday. Brian is going to help me with my running. I am looking forward to tommorow.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rodney - this all sounds great. I might have to look into this when I get home....I have lost 108 lbs and I need to start "working out" to tone up some extra skin I now have. I also need to lose more and I am working on that. Keep up the great work !! I am rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete