Thursday, August 13, 2009

Boot Camp Day 2

Day 2:

Today was just a little easier, but not by much. I have to work on my running. I did a little better and lasted just a few seconds longer than yesterday when we did our first run. I swear I saw my life pass before my eyes when we had to run up and down stairs. Anyone one who knows me knows that I am an elevator man. Stairs!!!! Are you crazy! My trainer was so encouraging and even though I had to do a walk/run combo I made it for two sets.

Today we worked on arms with a resistance band. I kind thought to myself "hell yea this will be easy". Once we started I could barely keep up! Who knew you could do so many things with a big rubber band. Once we finished that and a few other things we did resistance sprints. That is where you put the band around your waste and someone pulls the band while you run at top speed. Everyone did 4 sets and my trainer was going to let me slide with just 2, but I pushed myself to do all 4. I was so proud that I was able to complete day 2. I am really soar but I just know that it will get better over time.

I am truly enjoying every minute of boot camp! I am looking forward to what the weeks will bring and how I will change. 20 pounds in 4 weeks is my first goal.

1 comment:

  1. Again, great job !! I am an elevator person too....however, I have been walking with my diet so I am a little better....but running is not something I look forward to...I am really glad to hear the trainer is so encouraging, that is exactly what I want too. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete